Many of the Lehigh Valley’s communities, including Bethlehem,Pennsylvania, have been all over the media’s hot lists in recent years – rankingamong the fastest-growing, most family-friendly, and most popular areas in theentire country. With the latest “Readers’ Choice Awards” from USA Today,our state boasts yet another top accolade: home to the best historic hotelin the United States!
The historic Hotel Bethlehem has been in the top three rankingsfor several years now, and this year, it’s finally edged up to the #1 spot. Aniconic building first opened in 1922, the Hotel Bethlehem has beat out the long-standingformer champion, the Peabody Hotel in Memphis.
About the Hotel Bethlehem
While the Hotel Bethlehem in its current conception openedin the 1920s, the building site originally housed another lodging house: theGolden Eagle Hotel. That building dated back to George Washington’s time andstood in the same location until 1919.
Today, the historic Hotel Bethlehem is a member of theHistoric Hotels of America as well as the National Trust for HistoricPreservation. In addition to its 125 elegant rooms, the hotel offers a weddingvenue, expansive conference center, and two restaurants.
Those who would like to get a taste for this historicMoravian settlement will love the hotel’s many unique features and celebrationsof the past:
- A first-floor exhibit detailing the building’shistory
- The local legend of the “friendlyghosts” of the Hotel Bethlehem
- Boutique jewelry, clothing, and hotel amenitiesat The Shoppe
- Historic Colonial Era and Industrial Era tourpackages in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institute
Other Contenders for Best Historic Hotel
Wondering which other historic properties the HotelBethlehem bested? The full list from USAToday is as follows:
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem – Bethlehem, PA
- The Peabody Memphis – Memphis, TN
- Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa – PointClear, AL
- Deer Path Inn – Lake Forest, IL
- Hotel Trundle – Columbia, SC
- Grand Hotel – Mackinac Island, MI
- The Hermitage Hotel – Nashville, TN
- The Francis House – Calistoga, CA
- Wentworth Mansion – Charleston, SC
- TheBroadmoor – Colorado Springs, CO
Trusted Movers in the Bethlehem, PA Since 1928
At O’Brien’s Moving and Storage,we’re proud to be localBethlehem movers with a long and storied history ourselves. In fact, weopened as a Bethlehem moving company only 6 years after the historic HotelBethlehem!
With nearly a century of experience, we offer exceptionallyreliable moving and storage services for both households and businesses. Thanksto our proven expertise and Allied Van Lines network, our trusted Bethlehemmovers are the go-to team for a wide variety of services—local, long-distance,and even international. We offer:
- Free Moving Estimates
- Computerized Inventories
- Expert Packing
- Floor Protection and Padding
- Clean, Modern-Vehicles
- Award-Winning Drivers and Master Movers
- Hassle-Free Storage
Call O’Brien’s Moving and Storage today to see what ourexperts can do for your move to or from Bethlehem, PA. We could even take careof your move while you treat yourself to the award-winning hospitality of thehistoric Hotel Bethlehem!
To request your free and accurate moving quote, fill out ouronline form now.
Subscribe to O'Briens Moving & Storage's Blog