Owner Operator Jobs
O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is committed to providing the highest level of service. We selectively employ only those individuals who will be able to live up to the standards of excellence that have become an integral part of our company culture. Every potential candidate is subject to a detailed interview process that includes background checks and drug testing. That is why we only use our own professionally trained crew members on our moves, resulting in better service to our customer. Our crew members continuously receive both classroom and hands-on training in order to maintain the highest safety standards and quality service. As part of the O’Brien’s team, you are respected as an elite moving professional and will be treated as so.
- Are you in very good physical condition?
- Have a positive, teamwork attitude.
- Have leadership skills and are accountable for their actions.
- Are dependable and arrive on time.
- Are friendly and able to relate to customers.
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a strong work ethic and take pride in their work.
- Capable of lifting 75 lbs or more on a consistent basis.
The quality service and customer satisfaction that go along with successful moves rely completely on our dedicated professionals. O'Briens Moving & Storage requires individuals with the highest devotion to upholding our standards of unbeatable customer service. If you feel you meet this requirement, please review the careers O'Briens Moving & Storage has available below.
- Transporting household and office furniture from origin to destination in a safe and claim free manner.
- Load and unload furniture from truck.
- Inventory, pack, and wrap furniture.
- Maintain driver logs and daily maintenance reports.
- Supervise a crew.
- Valid CDL License A or B.
- Clean MVR for 5 years.
- Must pass a criminal background check, drug test and DOT physical.
- Ability to supervise/lead crew.
- 1 year of driving experience preferred, but willing to train someone that is self-motivated and willing to get ahead.
- Assist driver in loading/unloading of furniture and office equipment.
- Work with customer in placement of furniture in residence or office.
- Blanket wrapping furniture and equipment.
- Box and pack items such as breakables, books, artwork, etc.
- Work with tools and moving equipment.
- Assembling and disassembling furniture.
- Must have own reliable transportation to get to work.
- Experience a plus, but not required. Willing to train someone that is self-motivated and willing to get ahead.
OFFICE MOVE SUPERVISOR(S)The Supervisor manages the crew assigned to the job, and manages all aspects of the move to the customers’ expectations. The Supervisor becomes the client liaison for the duration of the job, from arrival to departure.
- Supervision and production of the crew.
- Keeping crew times and equipment checklists.
- Reading floor plans.
- Setting up and protecting properties and contents from damage.
- Breakdown and assembly of systems furniture.
- Commercial moving background.
- System’s Furniture experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a straight truck – or willingness to learn to drive.
- Ability to read floor plans.
- Ability to lead and supervise large crews.
- Must be available to work Saturday’s and occasional evenings.