It’s no secret that retirees are fond of Florida, but within the state there are certain cities that stand out as some of the best retirement destinations for seniors. The U.S. News and World Report recently released their list of the “2021-2022 Best Places to Retire,” and Reading ranked at No. 15 on this list. Not too shabby. Nearby towns also ranked highly including Harrisburg which came in at No. 11 and Lancaster who landed an impressive No. 5 ranking.
Are you ready to hire movers in Reading, PA yet?
If you’re in retirement or nearing those golden years, relocating to Reading or nearby cities might be a good idea. Why is that? Let’s look at some of the reasons why these areas ranked so highly.
Reasons to Retire in Reading, PA
Why do retiree’s love the Reading area? Let’s look back at the Best Places to Retire report. The cities that made the list were ranked according to factors that are important to seniors. According to the U.S. News and World Report, this is “largely due to the accessibility of high-quality healthcare facilities.”
That’s an important factor, but Reading has a lot more to offer seniors according to this report. Benefits that affect this ranking include:
- Housing Affordability
- Healthcare Quality
- Retiree Taxes
- Desirability and Happiness
- Job Market Ratings
What is it Like to Live in Reading, PA?
Reading, PA isn’t just home to the real-life Reading Railroad from the Monopoly board game. It is also home to nearly 10,000 seniors. Here are some quick stats to give you an idea of what life is like for seniors in the Reading area:
- Median Home Price: $157,600
- Median Monthly Rent: $939
- Median Age: 39.9 Years Old
- Average Annual Salary: $49,730
Affordable cost of living in Reading is one feature that makes this city a retirement hot spot, but there’s a lot more that Reading has to offer:
- There are fun activities for seniors. The area is home to over 125 miles of trails for walking and biking and sports fans can watch baseball at the FirstEnergy Stadium. Residents also enjoy musical theater productions, the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum, and touring the Daniel Boone Homestead.
- You can experience all four seasons. Reading brings out the best in all four seasons. It’s cold in the winter, but not too cold. It’s crisp in the spring, warm in the summer, and cool in the fall.
- Public transportation options are available. Many people get around in cars in the Reading area, but there are also public buses with routes to the greater metro area.
Sound good to you? If so, all that is left is for you to…
Find a Trusted Reading Moving Company
If you’re planning to move to the Reading area for retirement, it’s a good idea to get help from a trusted Reading moving company. This is where we come in at O’Brien’s Moving & Storage. Our Berks County movers serve Reading and nearby communities by offering quality and affordable relocation services.
We provide full-service packing, custom crating, storage, and more. Our movers are professionally trained, screened, and dedicated to providing a safe, streamlined experience for our customers. To learn more about our Reading movers or to get a free quote and custom moving plan, give us a call at O’Brien’s Moving & Storage today!
Subscribe to O'Briens Moving & Storage's Blog