With the summer season in full swing, people throughout Pennsylvania are making plans to get outdoors and enjoy a long vacation that brings exciting adventures and new family memories. However, the vacation paradise that you’ve been dreaming of might be much closer than you thought!
The Draw of Scenic Bucks and Montgomery Counties
Located just north of Philadelphia are two hidden gems that offer relaxation, natural beauty, and plenty of opportunities for a wonderful vacation—upper Bucks County and northern Montgomery County! Nestled among the rolling hills and wooded regions of these beautiful PA counties is a treasure trove of unique sights and low-cost activities that can turn an ordinary summer into one that you won’t soon forget.
In fact, with the numerous parks, streams, historic locations, and festivals around the area, it can be hard to choose where to go, but here are a few of the top places on our list for a fun-filled summer vacation:
- Ringing Rocks County Park: Have you ever heard of rocks that make music? Well, now you have! Located in a field in Upper Black Eddy, you’ll find a formation of 10-foot high rocks that visitors can strike with a hammer to make a ringing, bell-like sound.
- Lake Nockamixon: With a public boat launch, picnic area, pool, trails, and watercraft rentals, there is plenty to see and do at the largest lake in Bucks County. Best of all? Entrance into the park and parking are completely free!
- Green Lane Reservoir: Another countryside vacation spot that is at the hub of many area attractions, you can enjoy a day finishing and boating before visiting nearby attractions in South Whitehall Township or Philadelphia.
- Goschenhoppen Folk Festival: A favorite summer event for over 50 years, this folk festival takes you back to Pennsylvania Dutch life in the 18 and 19 century. Featuring traditional foods, plenty of music, and historic sights, this is one event that you won’t want to miss.
These local events and attractions are only a small sampling of the free, low-cost, and exciting opportunities you can explore when vacationing in upper Bucks County and northern Montco. With plenty of other places to check out, including historic theatres, Audubon Centers, wine and beer tasting festivals, and summer concerts, you’ll be able to plan the vacation of your dreams without traveling too far from home.
Once You Visit Bucks County & Montco—You Might Just Want to Stay!
With convenient access to thriving urban areas, beautiful natural scenery, and a wealth of family-friendly events and activities, it’s no surprise that tourism contributes billions to the local economy of Bucks and Montgomery County every year—and some of these visitors love the area so much that they never want to leave!
With summer being the most popular time of the year for vacationing and moving, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has the Bucks County movers that you can trust to help you have a seamless transition to your new home in the area. Since 1928, we’ve been providing full-service relocation solutions to, from, and within the region’s local communities—all of which are built around our company-wide commitment to superior customer care and affordable, quality service.
With our Montgomery County movers on your side, you can feel confident knowing that you’re working with a company that is a dedicated part of the local community, giving us the skills, in-depth knowledge, and experience needed to coordinate all the details of your move with services that include:
- Basic and full-service packing solutions.
- Custom crating services.
- Furniture, appliance, and specialty moving.
- Flexible short- and long-term storage packages.
…and much more!Whether you’re staying for a week-long summer vacation or putting down permanent roots in Bucks or Montgomery County, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is here to help you with all of your relocation needs. Just give us a call today to learn more about what makes us a stand-out choice for local and long-distance movers in the area, or fill out our online form now to request a free price quote and no-obligation consultation.
- Pennsylvania Movers