Living and Working in Bucks County
Located just north of Philadelphia as part of the Delaware Valley, Bucks County was one of the three original counties founded by William Penn. This region not only played a pivotal role in the development of our nation, but it is also one of the most beautiful (and populous!) regions of Pennsylvania. While its original growth was based around the area’s role in the Industrial Revolution, modern-day Bucks County has become a thriving, diverse place with a lot to offer to those lucky enough to call it home.
With beautiful landscapes, convenient access to large city centers, and countless ways to spend your free time exploring the region, it’s no wonder that Bucks County has become a wonderful place to live, work, and put down roots.
The Growing Economy of Buck’s County
Bucks County is known for its industrial-based economy, but the times are changing, and the region is seeing rapid growth in a variety of sectors. Instead of being an area strictly dedicated to manufacturing and industrial applications, Bucks County is seeing a large influx of jobs and business related to biotechnology. There are several aspects of the region that make it a wise place to buy a home and expand your career, including:
- Housing: From historical stunners to modern construction, you’ll find a variety of home styles within the borders of this county. Best of all, the price of housing overall is low—making it easier for young families to get started with buying their first family home.
- Jobs: Bucks County boasts an unemployment rate that is below the national average, and the job opportunities here continue to increase. With new industries moving in and a growing population to support the economic outlook, things are looking good for those working in this region!
- Location: This area of PA is unique in that it offers a highly desirable mix of urban convenience and rural escapes. With easy access to major cities and nearby states, as well as a developed highway and public transportation system, commuting and getting around the area is an easy process.
Experiences and Activities for all Ages
All work and no play can make for a less-than-appealing existence, but, luckily, you won’t have to worry about that if you live in Bucks County! Once you’re done with your daily job, there is plenty to do around the area—for young and old alike. From exploring natural wonders to planning a fun-filled weekend with the family, this area offers an impressive assortment of year-round attractions and activities that include something for everyone in your household.
- Historical Attractions: It’s no surprise that history is at the forefront of Bucks County, and there is plenty to see if you’re interested in delving into the region’s past. Home to several historic stone houses that tell the story of settlers in the 1700s and 1800s, you can take a tour of these homes or even stay the night at a converted bed & breakfast! For the serious history buff, make sure you stop at Washington Crossing Historic Park to relive the famous crossing of General George Washington.
- Family-Friendly Activities: Whether you’re interested in educational trips or pure recreation, there’s a lot to do in the area for the youngest members of your family. There are several family-friendly museums here, including the popular Bucks County Children’s Museum that has over 10,000 sq. ft. of space. You can also check out Kid’s Castle, Giggleberry Fair, and Sesame Place for a fun-filled day that tires out the kids!
- Outdoor Adventures: One of the best parts of Bucks County is its natural landscapes, and there are countless trails, parks, nature centers, and landmarks to explore. From birdwatching at Peace Valley Park to hiking the boulder fields at Ringing Rocks Park, you can find many options for hiking, biking, and running. There are also several locations that are perfect for kayaking, canoeing, and fishing for a weekend that lets you disconnect and get back to nature.
A Legacy of History and Community Spirit
Whether you are a young professional looking for a place to jumpstart a career or a retiree that wants to spend their golden years exploring history, culture, and natural beauty, there is no doubt that Bucks County is one of the best areas in Pennsylvania to live and work. At O’Brien’s Moving & Storage, we’ve been a proud part of this thriving region since our start in 1928, and our moving company in Bucks County has watched the area grow, expand, and welcome countless new residents.
If you’re in search of a local moving company to help you transition to a new home in Bucks County, there’s no better choice than O’Brien’s. Learn more about our team of Bucks County movers and get more information on the services we offer by contacting us today by phone or through our online form. We’d be happy to answer your questions, set you up with a free estimate, and give you an exceptional start to make Bucks County your new home.
Subscribe to O'Briens Moving & Storage's Blog