Bucks County Breweries and Distilleries
Buck’s County is a beautiful region with a lot to offer, and for adults looking for a fun weekend adventure, there are several opportunities to enjoy some homegrown beer and spirits! In addition to the incredible wineries located along the Wine Trail of the region, this county is the location of several unique breweries and distilleries that are the perfect place to unwind, kick back, and enjoy a long afternoon away from the bustle of busy life.
Locally Owned Distillery Tours
Located in the heart of Bucks County are two locally owned and operated distilleries that deliver an exceptional selection of spirits and comfortable tasting rooms to enjoy them in. From taking a close-up look at the entire distilling process to sampling some of the best spirits around, you need to be sure to check out the following locations:
- Dad’s Hat Pennsylvania Rye Whiskey: This unique distillery is located in Bristol, PA in the historic Grundy Commons Complex. Visitors here can take an hour-long tour of the distillery grounds and get first-hand views of the aging process. Best of all, you can finish off your tour with a sampling of some of the top Dad’s Hat whiskey products that are made from locally sourced rye that truly makes this distillery “Pennsylvania Proud”.
- Hewn Spirits: Hewn Spirits is the other exceptional distillery in Bucks County that focuses on hand-crafted whiskey and spirits made from locally grown grains. From gold rum to rye whiskey and moonshine, you can sample several award-winning spirits from this local company. You can even make a night of it and sit back and enjoy your whiskey or cocktail while socializing with friends and listening to the sounds of live music!
Unique Experiences on the Ale Trail
Do you want a weekend experience that gives you the best in local Bucks County beer from some of the most innovative breweries around? Then you need to take a day off to spend on the Ale Trail! Over the course of your weekend, you can hit many different breweries that all offer a unique atmosphere and custom-crafted beers that suit even the most refined tastes. For a quick look at the breweries you can make a stop at, check out the following list:
- Upper Bucks County: Here you’ll find live music, crisp and seasonal flavors, and inviting atmospheres at The Proper Brewing Company, Red Lion Brewery, Free Will Brewing Company, Great Barn Brewery, and the Bucks County Brewery.
- Central Bucks County: From the multi-generational Doylestown Brewing Company to the start-up venture of Mad Princes Brewing, there are several fantastic stops in Central Bucks County. You can also swing by Station Tap House and Triumph Brewing Company for live music and outdoor seating!
- Lower Bucks County: Vault Brewing Company, Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company, and Broken Goblet are all found in Lower Bucks County. From seasonal offerings to craft bear with year-round appeal and stellar menus, these options have something for everyone to enjoy.
There are so many opportunities for exploring and enjoying Bucks County, it can be hard to know where to begin. However, for those looking for a weekend away or a quaint escape for a night out with friends, the local, innovative distilleries and breweries of the region are a great place to start!
At O’Brien’s Moving & Storage, we love the unique atmosphere and exciting activities found within Bucks County, and we’re proud to be a local moving company with staff that has worked in this region since 1928. If you’re looking for a professional moving company in Bucks County that can give you incredible service while sharing information on the area’s hidden treasures, there’s no better choice than working with the team at O’Brien’s. Just give us a call or fill out our online form today to get started, and one of our Bucks County movers will come out to your home for a free, no-obligation estimate.
Subscribe to O'Briens Moving & Storage's Blog