Fall Things to Do in Montgomery County
Montgomery County, known as Montco to local residents, is the third-most populous county in Pennsylvania and a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. With the scenic natural landscapes, it’s no wonder that this area is a stunning place in the fall, and we’re here to share some of the best events around that you can explore while admiring the beautiful leaves and enjoying the crisp, autumn air!
The fall events taking place throughout the region are focused on family fun, outdoor adventure, and historical exploration—after all, the county is home to the famous Valley Forge National Historical Park, and the history of the area dates back far beyond its founding in 1784! For those that have a keen interest in learning more about the rich past of the area, the first stop should be the Valley Forge National Historical Park, where you can enjoy:
- Learning more about the history of the Continental Army during the winter of 1777-78
- Take a guided tour of the grounds
- Get the most out of the fall season by exploring nearly 30 miles of trails, picnicking areas, and fishing spots
- Volunteer during National Public Lands Day on September 30
While Valley Forge is a great place to stop by during this beautiful time of year, that’s not the only thing going on in Montco! This region is also known for its incredible selection of fun fall festivals and family events. If you are looking to get in all the outdoor activity you can find before winter settles on the region, check out the following local festivals!
- Harriton Farmstead Fair: Celebrating its 27 year in 2017, the Harriton Farmstead Fair takes place on September 23. In the spirit of the area, history is at the forefront of this festival, and it celebrates everything that represents colonial America. Here you can watch demonstrations of blacksmithing, stone carving, and more, shop for folk art and antiques, or interact with period-era soldiers.
- Sly Fox Brewing Company’s Can Jam: Is the music scene more your thing? Then you’re in luck with the Can Jam taking place on September 30. As one of the largest free music events in Montgomery County, this is the perfect place for enjoying some craft brews and listening to fantastic music in an outdoor festival environment.
- Apple Butter Frolic: One of the best parts of fall? Apples! So dive into the world of delicious apple butter and Pennsylvania German food at this festival hosted by the Mennonite Heritage Center on October 7. Here you can take horse and wagon rides, grab a bite to eat, and learn more about the history and culture of the Mennonite community.
- Harry Potter Weekend: When you combine fall with the world of Hogwarts, magic is bound to happen, and you get the best of both worlds at the Harry Potter Weekend taking place on October 19-21. Featuring the Harry Potter Conference, themed events, and the Brotherly Love Cup Quidditch Tournament, this festival is guaranteed to be fun for young and old alike.
Since our founding in 1928, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has been proud to be a moving company in Montgomery County that is an active part of this thriving community, and we love helping area residents learn more about what this great region has to offer. Whether you’re planning on moving to Montgomery County this fall or considering a long-distance relocation in the coming months, our local moving company is here to ensure that your experience exceeds your expectations.
Learn more about all the services we offer to local residents today by giving us a call, or connect with one of our Montgomery County movers now by filling out our easy online form!
Subscribe to O'Briens Moving & Storage's Blog