Pennsylvania’s third largest city has a tremendous amount of activities and outings that you should check out before the summer comes to an end. The summer tends to fly by us and we run out of time to enjoy the great things the summer has in store for us, especially in a great city like Allentown, PA. Allentown moving company, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has the insight you need to plan the rest of your summer. O’Brien’s specializes in moving people in and out of this great city, so we have developed some great tips to help you decide where you should spend your time this August.
Coca-Cola Park – The ultimate place to take your family or friends to get out in the sun. Come support the local community and catch a Lehigh Valley IronPigs baseball game. Whether you are a baseball fan or not, you will enjoy a great day at this first class baseball park. You can enjoy delicious food and beverages while cheering on your favorite player from the team. Coca-Cola park also offers variety of group packages if you would like to plan a big event at the baseball park.
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom – What better way to spend a hot summer day, then at a water park. What about if it was a water park and amusement park combined? Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom offers the best of both worlds in Allentown, PA. This park offers 200 acres of more than 100 rides, games, and restaurants. Some of the most notable thrill rides to try while you are here include:
- Stinger – Lasting 1 minute and 30 seconds, try this suspended boomerang inverted coaster with face-to-face seating.
- Hydra – Dare to ride the first and only floorless thrill ride in Pennsylvania. With speeds reaching up to 53 mph, get in line for one of Dorney Park’s signature rides.
- Talon – Opening in 2001, riders will spiral and dangle through the air as you sit below the track rather than above. You will drop vertically 120 feet and soar through this 2 minute and 30 second roller coaster.
- Lightning Falls – Two 70-foot-tall water slides with multitude of courses that end in a splash pool.
- Runaway River – After a long day at the park, come and relax on the runaway river. You can float slowly in this 1,600 foot lazy river.
Philip and Muriel Berman Sculpture Park – If you are looking to view some incredible artwork, come visit the Phillip and Muriel Berman Sculpture Park in Allentown, PA. This park features over 30 permanent works of art in the 118 acres of land. According to Trip Advisor, “Lehigh Valley Hospital hosts this sculpture garden, one of the most beautiful and best known sculpture collections in the United States.”
The Great Allentown Fair - Come and participate in the Great Allentown Fair to close out summer the right away. This annual celebration will take place on August 27th - August 28th and will feature live music, carnival rides, and great food. Some of the artists performing this year include, Zac Brown Band, Luke Bryan, and John Mayer. With many activities, games and concerts going on, this is a sure place to create memories with friends and family.