While small in geographic area, Wyomissing is a big-time player in the region for businesses of many different industries. If you’re relocating your company to this prized community, or moving your business within the Wyomissing area, no one offers more cost-effective and results-oriented business relocation services than O’Brien’s Moving and Storage! We’ve been a dedicated team of Wyomissing office movers since 1928, and our expertise has only grown over the last 90+ years.
We’ve Supported Businesses as Wyomissing Has Grown
As a locally based Wyomissing office moving company and a long-established business, we understand one fact: to attract businesses, you need a great place to live and a great place to work. And Wyomissing offers the best of both!
Wyomissing has a median income of $79,000 and a very affordable median property value of $234,000. In its early history, the majority of Wyomissing was farmland. However, subsequent land acquisition, especially the Berkshire Heights purchase in 1950, changed Wyomissing into a large residential and commercial community. The development of the highway system in later years also spurred Wyomissing’s development.
The greater Wyomissing area sits at the crossroads of two major highways: U.S. Route 222 and U.S. Route 422. U.S. Route 222 runs 95 miles and connects U.S. Route 1 in Maryland to Interstate 78, as well as PA Route 309. This highway serves as the state’s principal artery between the populous Lancaster, Reading, and Lehigh Valley areas. U.S. Route 422 stretches 271 miles and splits into two segments. The western segment connects downtown Cleveland, Ohio, to western Pennsylvania; the eastern section begins in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and runs to King of Prussia, near Philadelphia. Having a location that enables easy, immediate highway access to a large part of Pennsylvania’s cities and population is a huge plus.
Several large shopping centers and prime commercial office complexes were developed in the area due to the location, and financial giants Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Citibank have built data backup centers here, due to the region’s close proximity to major fiber optic lines running down the East Coast.
Other large, well-known businesses in the Wyomissing region include:
- Boscov’s: This huge, family-owned department store has stood the test of time and bucked the trend of declining retail stores. Boscov’s has 50 locations in eight states, with the majority in Pennsylvania.
- Penn National Gaming: The second-largest gaming company in the United States, it operates 43 facilities across the country, consisting of casinos and racetracks.
- Carpenter Technology Corporation: This manufacturer of stainless steel and corrosion-resistant alloys supplies the aerospace and defense industry, along with many other customers. In 2019, Carpenter Technology had revenues of $2.4 billion, with 5,100 employees.
- R.M. Palmer Company: One of America’s largest and most innovative confectioners, R.M. Palmer has been making seasonal chocolates since 1948 and has 850 employees.
- UGI Energy Services Headquarters: This subsidiary of UGI Corporation has over 250 employees.
The Wyomissing Commercial Mover of Choice Since 1928
Whether you’re moving a company as large as Carpenter Technology or as small as the local mom-and-pop shop down the road, O’Brien’s Moving and Storage is here to help! We offer full-service, comprehensive office moving solutions that can be customized to you. As a certified ProMover and agent for Allied Van Lines, we can handle everything from pre-move planning and packing to transportation and set-up.
Join thousands of successful companies in trusting our Wyomissing office movers for all of your needs:
- Business Relocation: We can tear down furniture, disconnect computers, crate and pack appliances, label items, and more! We have dedicated after-hour crews available to minimize downtime for your business.
- Hospitals and Schools: We adhere to HIPAA requirements and all relevant confidentiality laws while moving sensitive hospital and educational records.
- Lab and Medical: From budget forecasting to project management and custom crating, we offer specialized expertise for your high-value lab and medical equipment moving.
- Furniture Install: Leave your modular furniture take down and installation to us so that your employees can start work in the new location comfortably and quickly.
- Hospitality: If you’re moving FF&E for a casino or hotel in Wyomissing, we’re here to help! We move hospitality installations of up to 350 rooms and are a licensed vendor with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Warehouse & Industrial: We utilize barcoded inventory systems to keep careful track of large-scale warehousing requirements and industrial moves.
Commercial Storage to Assist Your Business Relocation
With so many moving pieces to handle, successful office moves in Wyomissing often call for large-scale warehousing and on-demand storage—both of which we offer! We have multiple warehouse locations spanning over 60,000 square feet, and we maintain cutting-edge security systems and detailed inventory for complete peace of mind.
Contact Our Wyomissing Office Moving Company to Get Your Free Cost Estimate
Whether you’re moving just up U.S. Route 222 or all the way across the country, O’Brien’s Moving and Storage would love to help streamline your business relocation! Simply give us a call or fill out our simple online form to request a free consultation and quote from an expert Wyomissing commercial mover.