Looking for a trustworthy and dependable Wyomissing moving company? Then look no further than O’Brien’s Moving and Storage! We’ve been operating in the local area since 1928, growing right alongside this incredible town we serve. Whether you’re moving your family within Pennsylvania or all the way around the world, we have a legacy of success that’s nearly as old as Wyomissing itself.
We’re Your Wyomissing Movers of Choice
As a long-established Wyomissing moving and storage company, we’re proud to meet the unique relocation needs of this community. Wyomissing is a jewel of Pennsylvania and a town that we’ve enthusiastically supported for almost an entire century now.
The borough of Wyomissing was established in 1906—just a few years before O’Brien’s Moving and Storage got our start as a one-truck ice delivery operation. Wyomissing is the most populated borough in Berks County, despite only covering a geographical area of about 4.5 miles of very flat land. The original inhabitants of Wyomissing were Native Americans from the Lenape tribe who lived along the banks of the Wyomissing Creek and aptly named the area “a place of flats.”
Early industry in the Wyomissing area consisted mainly of a gristmill, textile machinery manufacturing, and fabric and knitting mills, which led to larger development in the area. Over the years, the area of Wyomissing continued to grow through the annexation of additional tracts of land, and in 2002, Wyomissing merged with its smaller neighbor, Wyomissing Hills. During this early time-frame, the historic Wyomissing Public Library was formed and built, largely due to the magnificent efforts of the Women’s Club of Wyomissing. This amazing structure still stands and is in use today.
Wyomissing is recognized as a Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation, which encourages communities across the nation to recognize the importance of urban forestry and requires those communities to meet four standards for tree planting, growth, and care. This has really enhanced the beauty of the Wyomissing area.
Further adding to the attractiveness is Wyomissing Parkland—excellently maintained parks that consist of over 350 acres with running, hiking, and nature trails, several of which wind along the Wyomissing Creek. Another well-known fact about Wyomissing is its incredible amount and array of eating establishments and shopping opportunities, along with the wondrous Pennsylvania Dutch Farmer’s Market of Wyomissing, which brings the best-quality flavors and goodness of the Pennsylvania Dutch farmlands to residents directly.
For such a small area, many famous people hail from Wyomissing, including:
- Former New York Times syndicated columnist and Late Night with David Letterman writer Randy Cohen
- Former Michigan and current NFL quarterback Chad Henne
- Former Pitt and NFL quarterback Matt Lytle
- Former NFL player and current sports broadcaster Ross Tucker
- Former Penn State All-American and NFL quarterback Kerry Collins
- Former longtime bassist for Foghat, Craig MacGregor
- TV and movie actress Jillian Murray
- 10-time Grammy Award winning country and pop music singer-songwriter Taylor Swift
Your Top Residential Movers in Wyomissing
From such world-famous celebrities to hardworking local families, O’Brien’s Moving and Storage is exceptionally proud to serve households of all sizes, backgrounds, and moving requirements. We’ve been in business nearly as long as Wyomissing has been around, and we’ve only gotten better as the decades have gone on.
As your Wyomissing mover, we can handle any household moving request that comes our way:
- Local Movers: We’ve served this “place of flats” for over 90 years now, so we know the most efficient and cost-effective ways to move your family. While you relax at the Wyomissing Public Library or the popular Wyomissing Parkland, we’ll take care of your move for you!
- Long-Distance Movers: As an AMSA ProMover, an official agent for Allied Van Lines, and a BBB-accredited business, we have all the certifications you need to have total confidence in us. At any distance, we make it easy.
- International Relocation: We’re also a Registered International Mover (RIM) with vetted and verified moving partners located in more than 135 countries around the world. You’ll enjoy 24-hour tracking and seamless moves virtually anywhere.
- Household Storage: We offer 60,000-square-foot of secure storage within our two local warehouses. We can also arrange for in-transit or destination storage almost anywhere!
Unlike some Wyomissing moving companies, our comprehensive service offerings include commercial and office moving in Wyomissing as well. If your local boutique or multinational company is making a move, you can count on us for hassle-free office moving that keeps productivity high and costs low. Our commercial storage solutions further eliminate the stress for your personnel, with short- and long-term options available.
Get Your Free Estimate for Wyomissing Moving and Storage Services
With O’Brien’s Moving and Storage, you can rest assured that you’re getting the very best services in the industry. If you’d like to hear from our happy customers for yourself, check out our over 700 positive moving company reviews!
You can also call us today to speak with our Wyomissing movers about your specific relocation project. To schedule a free estimate, call or complete our online form today!