O’Brien’s Moving and Storage is the trusted moving and storage company in Newtown Square, PA. Since 1928, we’ve been serving southeastern Pennsylvania residents and businesses with first-rate services and our BBB A+ rated dedication to customer satisfaction. We are the preferred long distance and local movers of Newtown Square and surrounding communities.
Historic and Innovative Newtown Square
Surrounded by Crum Creek and Darby Creek, Newtown Square is a gorgeous suburban residential area that’s steeped in history. Originally established as an agricultural region in the late 1600s, today it is a casual and laid-back community with old stone homes, farms, large estates, and a humble population of around 15,000 people.
Reflecting its origins, Newtown square is still home to many historic sites, such as:
- Hood Octagonal School: A one-story eight-sided building built in 1841, this schoolhouse was restored in 1964 and added to the National Registry of Historic Places in 2006.
- Bartram’s Covered Bridge: Built in 1860, its construction was designed to be as “high and wide as a load of hay.” It is the only remaining covered bridge in Delaware County.
- Square Tavern: A historic tavern built in 1742, it is now a museum and famous for its association with acclaimed artist Benjamin West.
- Paper Mill House: This historic complex was originally constructed to house up to four families that worked at the local mill. Later, a store was attached to serve the mill’s community. Today, it is a museum and serves as a meeting place for Newtown Square organizations.
Beautiful Newtown Square Today
With sprawling green lawns and ample space to explore, Newtown Square is a perfect location for people to move to when they want to achieve the traditional American dream. The town features Aronimink Golf Club, home to one of the top private golf courses in the United States. Since 1896, it has hosted countless USGA and PGA championships.
With the beauty of its residential architecture and park-like yards, plus several local and state parks, this suburban community is a wonderful place for families to establish roots. Newtown Square’s downtown area is impressive with boutique shops and fine dining options. The region is a perfect combination of upscale energy without the pretension, making it a highly coveted area for people to relocate to or move and grow within.
Many moving companies service this region, but O’Brien’s Moving and Storage has always been number one. If you’re planning a move here, our household movers would be thrilled to assist you and your family.
Quality Local and Long Distance Movers in Newtown Square
O’Brien’s Moving and Storage has all the comprehensive moving services you could dream of. We’re committed to providing flawless relocations for all our customers and offer a variety of services to achieve that. They include:
- Residential Moving: Residential moving is our specialty. We have a variety of full-service options to take advantage of, as well as specialized moving services for fragile and unique items.
- Office and Commercial Moving: If you own a business and are looking to relocate into Newtown Square, our commercial moving services are sure to effortlessly relocate all your equipment and furniture.
- Storage Services: Not quite ready to move everything into its new home? No problem. O’Brien’s Moving and Storage provides comprehensive storage services for its customers.
Contact Our Team for Your Quote Today
Newtown Square is a beautiful place to call home, and if you’re lucky enough to do so, O’Brien’s Moving and Storage would love to assist. Whether you’re relocating a home or moving an entire business, our competent team members will get the job done. Contact us today to get a quote for your move.