Nestled just 21 miles east of the city of Harrisburg, PA and only 10 miles west of Hershey, PA, the borough of Elizabethtown is the perfect location for folks that want to avoid living in the bigger city, yet close enough to visit there whenever they desire. Elizabethtown, or “E-Town” as it is known to residents and students of Elizabeth College, has a population of just over 12,000 people. Elizabethtown has a long history that dates back to 1753.
E-Town’s Rich, Delicious History
Primarily an agricultural town for many years, Elizabethtown changed in the early 1900’s as several shoe factories opened up, along with E-town College and the Klein Chocolate Factory.
The Klein Chocolate Factory (now known as the Mars Wrigley Confectionary Plant) began in 1913, started, amazingly, by two brothers who quit working for the great chocolate magnate Milton S. Hershey. Today, the plant employs over 300 people and makes such delicacies as Dove Chocolates, 3 Musketeers, and Milky Way Candy Bars. Tours can be taken of the plant to see how “sweets” are made. The plant is also where cocoa beans are roasted to make milk chocolate products, which is why the town so often smells like chocolate!
The charm of E-Town is present throughout the area from the friendly people to the amazing food and the beautiful views. Moving away from a place as lovely as Elizabethtown is difficult, but the team at O’Brien’s Moving & Storage can make sure you at least enjoy a hassle-free relocation.
Top-Rated Elizabethtown Interstate Moving Company
Our Elizabethtown interstate movers have served southeastern Pennsylvania with expert relocation solutions since 1928. While much has changed in the industry since we did our first job, our desire to earn 100% customer satisfaction remains the same. When considering Elizabethtown moving companies, look at more than just price. You also want to be sure that the state-to-state movers have a solid reputation for quality. O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, is a ProMover, and has earned many glowing reviews from past customers.
- State-to-State Moving: When it comes to interstate movers, Elizabethtown, PA residents know that can count on our expert moving crews to provide all the services needed to enjoy a smooth transition. Our out-of-state movers are highly trained and have years of industry experience. Plus, you can count on them to handle your belongings as carefully as they would their own.
- Cross-Country Moving: We’re proud to be an award-winning interstate agent of Allied Van Lines, and that affiliation means that we have access to top moving and storage professionals from coast to coast. We’ll make light work of your cross-country move!
Whether you’re moving from a small apartment or the biggest home in town, our Elizabethtown interstate moving company has all the services you need including:
- Full-Service or Fragile-Only Packing
- Custom Crating
- Antiques and Fine Art Moving
- Vehicle Shipping
- Short-Term and Long-Term Storage
- And More!
Free In-Home Estimate for Award-Winning Moving Services
Don’t plan a move without the help of the Elizabethtown interstate and long distance movers that offer exceptional service and affordable prices. Choose our full-service moving, or we can create a custom moving package that perfectly suits your needs—and your budget! Call O’Brien’s Moving & Storage today, or fill out our online form now to schedule your free, in-home estimate.