Our moving company is located in a world-class community with a very deep and rich history. Alongside the Lehigh River, Allentown, PA was founded in 1762 by a wealthy shipping merchant named William Allen. Allentown is one of the three major cities that make up the heart of the Lehigh Valley metropolitan region, and it is the largest in terms of population with over 120,000 residents.
While the famous Hess Brother’s department store no longer exists, the downtown area of Allentown has seen a major revival in the past decade, with many businesses, restaurants, stores, and a large entertainment venue opening up. The suburbs of Allentown have also experienced a large population growth, and the outlying areas have expanded with new housing developments, townhouses, and restaurants.
Local Allentown Attractions
The city of Allentown has a wonderful array of attractions and must-see venues that make it an ideal place to visit and to call home. A few include:
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom: Dorney Park traces its history back to 1860, and has long been famous for having some of the longest roller coasters in the world. Wildwater Kingdom was added in 1985, and over the years, it constantly developed and added a series of massive water slides and an amazing wave pool. During the spring and summer, this is one of the top tourist attractions in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Coca Cola Park: Built in 2008, it is home to the Philadelphia Phillies Triple A affiliate, the Iron Pigs. Baseball fans and even non-baseball fans are treated to a nightly extravaganza that is much more than just a baseball game. Fireworks, a pool, the Iron Pigs mascot, and ample luxury suites and seats make this one of the best ballparks anywhere to catch a game.
- Mack Trucks Historical Museum: Witness the history of the fabled “Mack Trucks”! There are a number of old and newer “big rigs” here to climb inside and admire, and the collection includes original and beautifully restored Mack trucks from decades past.
- PPL Center: Home of the Philadelphia Flyers Double A affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, this wonderful, new entertainment venue is also an excellent place to view top-name musicians and entertainers.
- Allentown Rose Gardens: This beautiful park is a great place to take a long walk or run, smell the vast array of roses, enjoy scenic natural beauty, and more. The Rose Gardens have long been a popular spot for locals to have their weddings and for wedding parties to shoot their pictures.
- Allentown Fairground Farmer’s Market: Many towns brag about their farmer’s markets, but Allentown’s historic market is the best and most well-known around. Full of vendors with endless options to select from, their wonderful seafood, meats, baked goods, ethnic foods, and great variety of health foods are very high-quality. You can also sit right there and sample the food!
- America on Wheels Museum: Opening in 2008, the museum is a trip through time. With exhibits that rotate every six months, you can explore four galleries of classic vehicles, including the first horseless carriage and an early electric car—you can even check-out the first mass-produced car.
With all that the city has to offer, it is no wonder that Allentown is the fastest-growing city in the state of Pennsylvania! When your family is moving to Allentown, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is the moving company of choice. Proudly serving Lehigh County, PA and the surrounding region since 1928, our Allentown moving company offers a wide range of household moving services to suit any budget.
Comprehensive Residential Moving Solutions in Allentown
Since our founding, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has been the movers Allentown can trust. With a commitment to quality and exceptional customer care, our Allentown movers will work tirelessly to ensure that your relocation is a seamless, stress-free process. From free, in-home estimates to personalized move coordination, O’Brien’s employs the best household movers Allentown has to offer.
Professional Local Movers and Long Distance Moving Experts
Whether you are moving from within the Lehigh Valley or relocating across the country, moving to Allentown doesn’t have to be a stressful process. O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is a long-term agent of Allied Van Lines—giving us access to nationwide moving resources that can easily coordinate any size household move. From start to finish, our household movers guarantee that your experience with O’Brien’s will exceed your expectations!
Allentown Moving and Storage Company Services
When planning your next relocation, you can count on the following benefits and amenities from our Allentown residential moving and storage company:
- Local and Intrastate Moves
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Accurate, In-Home Moving Estimates
- Highly Trained Professional Moving Crew
- State-of-the-Art Equipment and Transport Services
- Full-Service Options Customized for You
- Services of a Personal Move Coordinator
- Partial/Full Packing and Unpacking Services
- Flexible Scheduling and Delivery
- Short- and Long-Term Storage Solutions
Learn More About Our World-Class Allentown Residential Movers
When you’re ready to call Lehigh County, PA your new home, there is no one more qualified to handle all the details of your relocation than O’Brien’s Moving & Storage! To find out more about the relocation solutions that we offer, all you need to do is give us a call or fill out our simple online form. One of our friendly team members will be happy to answer any questions that you have and get you set up for your free, no-obligation estimate today.