Affiliations & Certifications
Serving the residents of eastern Pennsylvania and western NJ as a professional moving and storage company is about doing more than just transporting belongings from one location to another—it’s about playing an integral role in supporting the vibrant culture that makes this area a great place to live. At O’Brien’s Moving & Storage, we are an active part of the industry and our community.
Through our affiliations with local and professional organizations, we strive to continually enhance our record of service and maintain exceptional customer satisfaction. With more than 90 years of experience in the moving industry, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is proud of our affiliations and certification with the following organizations:
Moving and Storage Industry Organizations
- AAA (Allied Agents Association): As a member of the AAA, we are part of a network of Allied Agents committed to working together in the interest of superior service.
- AMSA (American Moving and Storage Association): We're proud to be a ProMover member of the AMSA—demonstrating our commitment to quality in the industry.
- NJWMA (New Jersey Warehousemen & Movers Association): As a licensed mover and member of the NJWMA, we deliver service that meets the highest levels of customer care and quality.
- PMSA (Pennsylvania Moving and Storage Association): The owner of O’Brien’s has experience serving the PMSA as a participant, board member and association president, and our company is an active member of the organization—upholding our commitment to exceptional service.
- CMC (Certified Moving Consultants): - All of our estimators are required to become Certified Moving Consultants through the AMSA, representing our high level of professional competency and adherence to ethical standards.
- COIC (Certified Office and Industrial Certification): Also obtained from the American Moving and Storage Association, this certification guarantees the highest level of service for our commercial and industrial moving customers.
- RIM (Registered International Movers): As a RIM-certified mover, we have been through extensive training, verification, and testing to demonstrate our ability to relocate household goods around the globe.
- The Traffic Club of the Lehigh Valley: This organization is an essential network of anyone interested in transportation and warehousing, and through this affiliation, we strive to improve our knowledge in order to streamline our processes.
- Tristate Household Goods Tariff Conference, Inc.: The moving industry must operate under strict guidelines for the transportation of household goods, and participation with this conference ensures that we are apprised of the latest developments.
Business Development Organizations
- Better Business Bureau of Eastern Pennsylvania: Our accreditation and A+ rating with the BBB of Eastern PA is based on the BBB’s code of ethics and requirements for customer-focused business practices.
- Better Business Bureau of New Jersey: In addition to our PA locations, we also serve New Jersey as a local and long-distance mover that’s BBB-accredited with an A+ rating.
- IDC (Industrial Development Corporation of Lehigh County): O’Brien’s is committed to the betterment of our beautiful region, and we work with the IDC that is responsible for funding industrial development bonds to enhance the local economy.
- IFMA (International Facility Management Association): As a member of IFMA, the world’s largest association for facility management professionals, we are always on-top of the latest developments for supporting the needs of our industrial and commercial customers.
- LVEDC (Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation): Through working with the LVEDC, we work towards progress with building our growing community and creating a better life for the people we serve.
- PSA (Professional Sales Association): We always strive to improve our processes and connect with other professionals, and as a PSA member, we are continually learning about new developments within the industry.
- PUC (Public Utilities Commission): The PUC is responsible for ensuring the management of all public utilities, and we support their work by offering services and resources for any moving, storage, or warehousing needs.
- HomeAdvisor: HomeAdvisor is one of the top resources for homeowners looking for highly qualified companies for all of their service needs, and O’Brien’s is an award-winning member with a strong reputation.
Community Service Organizations
- Forgotten Felines & Fidos Inc.: Our premier moving company supports the local community as a member of this established nonprofit, no-kill animal shelter that serves the Lehigh Valley. Additionally, the owner’s family has been volunteering at this shelter for more than 20 years.
- Lehigh County Humane Society: The O’Brien’s team is an active member of the Lehigh Valley community, and we support several local organizations, including the Lehigh County Humane Society.
- ASPCA(American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals): With its mission to provide help and shelter to the furry members of our community, we are a proud affiliate of the ASPCA and supporter of their mission.
- SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management): Our employees our essential to our success and mission, and we foster a healthy working culture for the betterment of our staff as a member of the SHRM.
- Penn State Alumni Association: We’re proud of every aspect of our community and supporting the Penn State Alumni Association allows us to continue to give back to the residents that we serve.
- Special Olympics Partner: As a Special Olympics Partner, we share their brand values and support their mission to connect with all of the residents of the Lehigh Valley and eastern Pennsylvania.
- Wounded Warrior Project: O’Brien’s is proud to support our nation’s veterans through our affiliation with the Wounded Warrior Project—an organization that works to provide a full network of resources to the brave men and women who have served our country.
Affiliations with Local Chambers of Commerce
There are many different communities within our service area, and O’Brien’s serves homeowners and businesses through this expansive region. To best support our customers, we are proud affiliates of several local chambers of commerce where we do business, including in the following locations:
Discover More About the Professional Service
When choosing a moving company to handle your upcoming residential or commercial move, you’re looking for a professional team that has the skills, experience, and training needed to ensure a seamless relocation process. That’s exactly what you can expect with the professionals at O’Brien’s Moving & Storage.
We are a local business that is fully committed to our customers, our local region, and to the quality of the services that we offer. Give us a call today to learn more, or fill out our brief, online form now to request a free price quote with your moving and storage consultation.