Reading Residential Movers - Residential Moving Company
The city of Reading, PA has evolved from its humble beginnings a few centuries ago. For many years, the identity and commerce of Reading was dominated by the Reading Railroad. Today, Reading is very diversified, and there are countless places to find employment, visit, and enjoy entertainment.
The very popular Vanity Fair Outlets still exist today, and it is a big tourist attraction. The city of Reading also has several well-known pretzel bakeries, such as Bachman, Dieffenbach, Tom Sturgis, and Unique Pretzels—so it’s no wonder Reading is nicknamed the pretzel capital of the world! Another famous landmark here is the one-of-a-kind Pagoda. Built in 1908, this huge Japanese-style pagoda overlooks the city and is visible from practically everywhere in town. It is currently home to a café and gift shop.
The downtown area of Reading has numerous types of entertainment venues to suit any taste, including:
- GoogleWorks Center for the Arts: The complex hosts numerous art exhibitions and features dozens of artists’ studios, a gift store with handcrafted works from hundreds of artists, and a 130-seat theatre.
- Santander Arena: This 7,160 seat multi-purpose arena was built in 2001. Formerly known as the Sovereign Center, it sits on the site of the former grand theatre, the Astro Theatre. The arena retained many mementos of the theatre, including its ornate Art Deco chandelier and gates. It hosts many sporting events, has over 700 club box seats and 23 luxury seats, is home to the Reading Royals ice hockey team, has over 25,000 square feet of banquet space, and contains a 5,000 square foot multi-purpose room capable of hosting many different types of events.
- Santander Performing Arts Center: Sister venue of the Santander Arena, this beautiful, historic theatre was built in the 1870’s and had a seven-million dollar facelift in 2000. It has tons of character, and its small amount of seating, with a capacity of around 2,000, makes every seat in the house a great seat!
- FirstEnergy Stadium: Voted the “2nd Best Place to See a Baseball Game” by Minor League News, this baseball-only stadium is the longtime home of the Philadelphia Phillies very popular Double A affiliate, the Reading Fightin Phils.
For many years, the city of Reading has been home to the vastly popular Berks Jazz Fest. Early spring every year, thousands of jazz enthusiasts from across the world flock to the downtown Reading area for 10 music-packed days and unique concert experiences. World-class talent is booked every year, and it is recognized as one of the top jazz festivals in the country.
Reading Residential Moving Services that You Can Depend On
As the area’s first choice for household movers, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has built its reputation on providing exceptional customer care with all of our moving services. Our Reading moving company offers a wide selection of residential moving and storage solutions that will help make moving to the area a seamless experience for your entire family. To help you get started, our Reading movers will provide you with a free, in-home estimate of your moving costs. From there, our highly trained moving team will work tirelessly to ensure that you have a seamless transition to your new home.
O’Brien’s is also a trusted agent of Allied Van Lines, giving us access to a nationwide network of moving professionals capable of handling all the details of your move to Reading, PA. We believe in offering the highest-value services to our customers, and you can expect the following benefits from our Reading moving company:
- Local and Intrastate Moves
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Accurate, In-Home Moving Estimates
- Highly Trained Professional Moving Crew
- State-of-the-Art Equipment and Transport Services
- Full-Service Options Customized for You
- Personal Move Coordinator for Every Step of the Process
- Partial/Full Packing and Unpacking Services
- Flexible Scheduling and Delivery
- Short- and Long-Term Storage Solutions
Learn More About the Trusted Name in Reading Residential Moving
Since 1928, we have been the award-winning movers Reading can count on for all of their residential moving and storage needs! If you are ready to find out more about the honest, affordable moving services from O’Brien’s Moving & Storage, just give us a call today! You can also fill out our online form to request your free, no-obligation moving estimate.