Quakertown, PA is a picturesque area of Bucks County. Located just south of the Lehigh Valley and only 29 miles north of Philadelphia, Quakertown has a rich history that still exists today. During the American Revolutionary War, the Liberty Bell was transported from Philadelphia to Allentown in order to prevent it from being confiscated from the British Army and melted down for artillery. The Continental Army stayed overnight in Quakertown and hid the bell in a home there. The next day, the Liberty Bell was transported to Allentown, where it was hidden until after the war. The residence that the bell was stored in was torn down in 1805, and a new structure was built on the site which still exists today as Liberty Hall.
The Growth of Quakertown: Railways and History
Due to its location, the Civil War and nationwide expansion helped Quakertown grow from a tiny village to what is today. Railroads became a large factor in the economic expansion in the area. The North Pennsylvania Railroad Company was started in 1852, and it served the Philadelphia region and the Lehigh Valley. The Northeast Railroad Company was leased to the famous “Reading Railroad” in 1879, and it existed until 1987. The Quakertown Passenger and Train Station was a large and popular depot for the Reading Railroad that was built in 1902, and this station served the railroad until it closed in 1976. The Quakertown Train Station and Liberty Hall, along with a few other landmarks, were added to the national Register of Historic Places. In fact, the Quakertown Historic District includes most of Quakertown and contains 2,197 buildings of a broad range of architectural styles from before and after the Civil War.
The First Choice in Quakertown Residential Movers
While the history and beauty of Quakertown make it one of the most-interesting boroughs in Bucks County, moving to and from the area requires the assistance of a Quakertown residential moving company that understands all of the ins and outs of the region. At O’Brien’s Moving & Storage, we’ve been a part of the community since 1947, and our local Quakertown movers have the skills, in-depth knowledge, and expert training needed to help you have a seamless, stress-free relocation.
Wherever life takes you, you can count on O’Brien’s for all of your residential moving needs:
- Local Quakertown Movers: Discover the best of the region and have an effortless local moving experience with the assistance of our local Quakertown residential movers.
- Long-Distance Moving: Coordinating all of the details of a long-distance household move can be a challenge, but we go above and beyond to provide the comprehensive solutions you need.
- Interstate Moving: When moving your family to a new state, our Quakertown household movers provide the full-service support needed for a pleasant transition to your next home.
- International Relocation: Planning an international move doesn’t have to be a hassle when you have the service and support of our expert movers on your side!
- Senior Moving Services: When you’re looking for a mover near me for an upcoming senior move, O’Brien’s offers the compassionate, affordable service that you deserve.
- Corporate Relocation: If you need to relocate as part of your job requirements, we can work within your employer’s parameters to make the process as streamlined as possible.
Learn More About Our Residential Moving Company
Unlike other household moving companies in Quakertown, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has built our reputation on providing personalized customer care and guaranteed service to each and every one of our customers. When you’re ready to simplify your relocation with an experienced local and long-distance Quakertown moving company, all you need to do is give us a call today! You can also request a free, no-obligation estimate now by filling out our simple, online quote form.