Moving can be a challenge, but having the right relocation company makes all the difference. If you need professional movers in Princeton Borough, NJ, then contact O’Brien’s Moving & Storage. We bring decades of experience to every relocation, modern resources, and unwavering commitment to complete customer satisfaction. And you don’t have to just take our word for it. Read some of our customer reviews and take comfort in our A+ rating and accreditation with the Better Business Bureau.
History-Rich Princeton Borough, NJ
One of the oldest towns in the country, Princeton was originally named “Prince-Town” in honor of Prince William of Orange and Nassau. Princeton had a population of 30,681 as of 2023 and has an extremely high household income level of $257,390.
There is so much to know about and do in Princeton, much of it steeped in its rich history. The pivotal, 10-day-long Battle of Princeton was fought here during the Revolutionary War in 1777. Despite being outnumbered by over 8,000 British troops, General George Washington performed what has been described as “one of the great flank marches in American military history” that eventually led to the British troops surrendering. The 681-acre Princeton Battlefield State Park preserves part of the site of the Battle of Princeton and is a great place to visit, with the Princeton Battle Memorial, the Clarke House Museum, and until recently the famous Washington Oak Tree being some of the top attractions.
Princeton has numerous historical districts, with many other sites to tour, including:
- Nassau Hall: The site of the British surrender in the Battle of Princeton, Nassau Hill was also the Nation’s Capital for a short time while the country was trying to get back on its feet after the Revolutionary War. Even today, Nassau Hall has scars from cannonball blasts from that battle.
- The Albert Einstein House: Built in 1838, it was the home of renowned theoretical physicist Albert Einstein, until his death in 1955.
- The Princeton Cemetery: Established in 1757 and owned by the Nassau Presbyterian Church, the cemetery is the burial ground of countless scholars, theologians, politicians, scientists, and generals.
- Tusculum: Built in 1773 for John Witherspoon, president of Princeton University and signer of the Declaration of Independence, the country estate was often visited by George Washington and his wife.
No story about Princeton would be complete without mentioning the prestigious Princeton University, one of the world’s most prominent research universities and ranked as the number one university by U.S. News and World Report for 10 consecutive years. Over 275 years old, the university sits on over 500 acres and contains almost 200 buildings, including 10 libraries!
One of the many unique things about Princeton University is its eleven “Eating Clubs” where the majority of upperclassmen have their meals and social events, with six of them using a selective process called “bicker” in which prospective members undergo an interview process. Four others use a lottery process, and one chooses members using a points system. Another unique tradition is “Dean’s Date” where at midnight students stick their heads out the window and howl like wolves. No wonder Princeton University is a popular touring destination, with over 800,000 people visiting the campus annually.
Princeton Borough Moving and Storage Company
If you’re looking for full-service movers for Princeton Borough, then contact O’Brien’s Moving & Storage. One of our relocation specialists will listen to your moving needs, go over our service options, and help you find a solution that works for you. Whether you need household movers or commercial movers, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Our expertise includes:
- Long-Distance Moving: Whether you need comprehensive services or help with fragile, high-value items only, our long-distance movers will ensure that your transition is a smooth one.
- International Moving: Moving internationally is no small task, but you can rest easy knowing that we have what it takes to handle every detail.
- Office Relocation: Our commercial movers understand the unique challenges that come with office moving, so you’re guaranteed an efficient and secure experience.
- Residential Storage: We ensure that your household items are kept safe from weather damage, theft, and more within our secure facilities.
- Commercial Storage: Our comprehensive commercial storage services are ideal for both short- and long-term needs.
Grab a Free Quote from Our Princeton Borough Movers Today
Do you want more information about what makes O’Brien’s Moving & Storage stand out from other Princeton Borough moving companies? For starters, experience our courteous customer service first-hand by giving us a call today. One of our relocation specialists will be happy to discuss your moving needs. You’re also welcome to request a free moving cost estimate by using our online form now!