The Pocono Mountains (commonly known as the Poconos), have long been a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from near and far with gorgeous wooded hills and valleys. The area covers roughly 2,400 square miles, and is made up of portions of four counties: Carbon, Monroe, Pike, and Wayne.
The Poconos received its name from the Indian word pokawachne, which means “creek between two hills”. The area is growing at a rapid pace, with a population of over 340,000, largely due to vacationers from nearby states turning vacation homes into permanent residences. The area also is home to several scout camps, including Camp Minsi, located on a property of 1,200 acres.
Skiers make the mountains of the Poconos an incredibly popular winter destination with a vast number of ski resorts such as Alpine Mountain, Blue Mountain, Camelback, Elk Mountain, Jack Frost Mountain, Big Boulder, Shawnee, Ski Big Bear and Montage Mountain. For nature lovers, two must see attractions are:
(1) Lake Wallenpaupack: A freshwater lake of over 5,700 acres of water and 52 miles of shoreline that features fishing, boating, swimming, ice skating, ice fishing and many vacation homes.
(2) Bushkill Falls: A series of 8 waterfalls, the tallest of which stands over 100 feet. Bushkill Falls is nicknamed the “Niagara Falls of Pennsylvania”.
Pocono Mountains Moving Company
Serving the entire southern area of The Poconos since 1947, O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has become the leading relocation company for the towns in this region. Providing cost-effective and high-quality household and business relocations, we’re the Pocono Mountains movers you can trust for your next transition. Our crews are trained in the most advanced packing and transportation techniques, so they’ll make sure your belongings reach their destination quickly and undamaged. Click on the links below to learn more about the benefit of choosing our comprehensive relocation services.
- Residential Moving: From small and cozy to large and grand, we’ll move you to and from any-sized house without breaking a sweat.
- Commercial Movers: Need a small retail shop moved? How about an entire corporate office and your staff? Our commercial movers have you covered.
- Specialized Moving: With extensive training resources and cutting-edge tools provided by our partners at Allied Van Lines, we can handle your largest, most sensitive and most oblong equipment.
- Storage: With enough space to handle all of your short-and-long-term storage needs, and the most advanced security and fire-prevention technologies, there isn’t a better option to store your belongings than O’Brien’s.
- International Moving: Not only will we move you to any location across the globe, we’ll also help you get a lay of the land, help you with any documentation and educate you on the language and customs of your new country.
- Hotel Movers: Covering 2,400 square miles in Northeastern Pennsylvania, the Pocono Mountains remain one of the true hidden gems of the region.
We cover the southern area of the Poconos, including all of Carbon County and most of Monroe County. We serve the following zip codes:
18012, 18030, 18071, 18210, 18212, 18216, 18229, 18230, 18232, 18235, 18240, 18244, 18250, 18254, 18255, 18624, 18058, 18031, 18320, 18321, 18322, 18323, 18326, 18327, 18331, 18332, 18333, 18334, 18335, 18341, 18342, 18344, 18346, 18347, 18348, 18349, 18350, 18352, 18353, 18354, 18355, 18356, 18357, 18360, 18372, 18466 and 18610
Serving the Southern Area of the Pocono Mountains
- Beaver Meadows
- East Stroudsburg
- Jim Thorpe
- Lake Harmony
- Long Pond
- Marshalls Creek
- Mount Pocono
- Pocono Manor
- Pocono Summit
Dying to hear more about our capabilities as a Pocono Mountains moving company? Pick up the phone, dial (619) 391-8300 and speak with one of our representatives today to learn more. Or, simply fill out our online form to receive your free quote!