Hershey Long Distance Movers
Located just 14 miles east of the state capital of Harrisburg, the town of Hershey, PA, is famously called “Chocolatetown USA”. Founded by candy magnate Milton S. Hershey, the town of Hershey has a population of 14,257, according to the latest estimates, and is part of the Harrisburg-Carlisle metropolitan area.
The Founder of “The Sweetest Place on Earth”
Born in 1857, Milton Hershey established his talent early on in his career as a candy maker. By 1900, he sold his caramel company to concentrate exclusively on his chocolate business. He returned to the place of his birth, Derry Church—a small Pennsylvania community in which he could build a factory and obtain the large supplies of fresh milk needed to perfect and produce milk chocolate.
He developed his own formula for milk chocolate, and he built his factory to produce the first nationally marketed milk chocolate. This factory eventually became the largest chocolate manufacturing plant in the world.
A Legacy of Innovation and Growth in Hershey, PA
One of the many great things about Milton S. Hershey was his desire to build a model town to house his employees, a public transportation system, a public school system, an amusement park, and many recreational and cultural centers. The incredible Hersheypark was built during this time, and remains one of the top tourist attractions in the nation.
Many of the town’s incredible structures were also built during the Great Depression as part of Milton Hershey’s “Great Building Campaign” to create jobs, including:
- The Hotel Hershey, a phenomenally extravagant hotel modeled after the great Heliopolis Hotel in Cairo, Egypt.
- Hershey Gardens, which consists of 23 acres of an assortment of breathtaking flowers, shrubs, rare signature trees, tropical butterflies, and much more.
- The Hershey Theatre is another amazing design of architecture with incredible tile, four different types of marble, “canopy of gold” arched ceilings, and a huge ornate organ with over 400 pipes—with one pipe being over 30 feet tall!
All of these structures still exist today and are in use.
Supporting the Community of Hershey with Long Distance Movers’ Solutions
O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has a long and rich history also. The O’Brien’s introduced moving to southeastern Pennsylvania in 1928, and we’ve been faithfully serving resident all across the area ever since! Our Hershey long distance movers are dedicated to the local community, and we go the extra mile to ensure that all of our customers are completely satisfied with their moving and storage services. Whether you are heading to a neighboring state or clear across the country, our long-distance movers in Hershey, PA offer services to meet your needs, including:
- Interstate Movers: Moving to a new state can be a challenge, but our long distance movers give Hershey residents comprehensive packing, loading, storage and unloading services to make it as streamlined and hassle-free as possible.
- International Relocation: As a full-service choice in Hershey long distance moving companies, O’Brien’s has the resources, equipment, and capabilities to handle all aspects of your international move.
- Corporate Relocation: Do you need a team of professionals to coordinate upcoming corporate-sponsored employee moves? Wherever your job requires you to go, we will work with company parameters and employee’s needs for long distance household moves.
Learn More About our Hershey Long Distance Movers
Working with a professional Hershey long distance moving company can make all the difference in having a stress-free relocation, and O’Brien’s Moving & Storage is here to make sure that you get the personalized care and comprehensive support you need. To schedule a free long distance moving estimate, contact us today.