O’Brien’s Moving and Storage is one of the most experienced and well-regarded movers in Pennsylvania. Since our humble beginnings in 1928, we’ve expanded our services to include local, long-distance, and international moving for both households and businesses. We keep our prices competitive, and we never settle for anything less than complete customer satisfaction. If you’re in search of A+ BBB-rated and accredited movers for Forks Township, then you’ve come to the right place!
Forks Township, A Beautiful Suburb of Easton
Forks Township was founded in 1754 as an agricultural community. It is located between the Delaware River and Bushkill Creek. Originally, the area was home to the Lenni-Lenape Indians, and many of their artifacts have been found in the Township over the years. These artifacts were found throughout Bushkill Creek, the Delaware River, Hob Nob Hill, Stokertown, and Tatamy. The Township was established not long after the Walking Purchase of 1737, and the early settlers were predominately Dutch.
Permanent colonial settlements began in 1740, and Northampton County was established in 1752 after the partition from Bucks County. The area soon grew to include taverns and inns, and the easily cultivated farmland led to a prosperous agricultural industry. In 1857, the dairy industry was established in the Township, and the demand for production of milk, eggs, and cheese furthered their economic growth. Forks Township’s wealth was crucial to the formation of the Industrial Revolution, and the area was home to many blacksmiths, distilleries, brickyards, mills, and more.
By the 20th century, the importance of farming decreased, and the land was used to meet suburban development needs. This development increased significantly in the 1980s, and the Township has continued to thrive as one of the best places to live in Pennsylvania.
Today, Forks Township is a great place to live and work, making this a great home for young professionals and families. This suburb of Easton is home to approximately 16,000 people and has become a very popular landing spot for people who want to relocate from New Jersey and New York City. The area includes multiple parks, restaurants, and coffee shops. The public schools perform above the national average, and most residents own their own homes.
Trusted Forks Township Moving and Storage Company
If you’re planning to relocate to Forks Township, then get in touch with O’Brien’s Moving and Storage. We will provide you with a personalized moving plan that suits your unique needs and budget. We offer both full-service moving and partial moving services, including professional packing, custom crating, and so much more:
- Our expert local movers will take special care of your belongings, so you can settle into your new home without worrying about a thing.
- We are the go-to long-distance movers in the region because we ensure that every move we conduct is swift, secure, and cost-effective.
- Get everything you need for international relocation including pre-move planning, overseas shipping, and customs clearance.
- Our commercial movers conduct professional office relocations of all complexities, so you can be sure that your electronics, equipment, furniture, and artwork are properly cared for.
- Whether you need short-term or long-term storage, our commercial storage services can be tailored to your requirements.
- Since you only pay for the space and time that you need, our household storage options offer an affordable alternative to other storage services.
Request a Free Quote from Our Forks Township Movers
There are numerous household movers in Pennsylvania, but they aren’t all the same. Do you want more information about what makes O’Brien’s Moving and Storage stand out from other Forks Township moving companies? Take a look at some of our customer reviews or experience our courteous service firsthand by giving us a call today. We also provide an online form that you can use to get a free, no-obligation quote!