While it may seem as if O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has been around as long as Berks County, that isn’t totally accurate. Berks County was formed in 1752, and the O’Brien family introduced moving to Berks County in 1928. What is totally accurate is since 1928, people looking to move within Berks County or in and out of Berks County have consistently chosen O’Brien’s Moving & Storage to move their priceless possessions.
In 1928, quality and consistency were the core value of O’Brien’s, and it still is today. With its great location and many new businesses opening up, Berks County is a rapidly growing area with a population of over 418,000, which increased 7.3 percent in one year! As a result, our Berks County residential movers have had the opportunity to grow along with it.
The Evolution of Berks County Through the Years
Over time much changes, but Berks County still has several connections to its long history. Berks County is home to the first hawk sanctuary in the world, and it is a wonderful story. This amazing site sits on the front range of the Appalachian Mountains and was a popular bird hunting area almost a hundred years ago. Countless raptors, along with other birds, were killed there each year. A conservationist purchased the property to end the mass killings and stop the hunting, which allowed birds to flourish. Today, in addition to being a scenic place to hike, Hawk Mountain has become an educational and research center.
Another major part of Berks County tradition is the Pennsylvania Dutch, who were great farmers. Therefore, it is no coincidence that Berks County was home to one of the countries earliest organic research farms, the Rodale Institute. Far back in 1947, Rodale began studying the link between healthy soil, healthy food, and healthy people. Currently, Rodale Institute sits on over 333 acres and remains a research, educational, and outreach resource for farmers.
Professional Residential Relocations for Berks County
As the area has grown and changed, so has our Berks County residential moving company and its offerings. We know that residents are constantly moving to and from the region, so we have acquired all of the knowledge, skills, and resources that we need to offer:
- Local Moving: Our local Berks Country movers can relocate your household items anywhere in the area.
- Long-Distance Moving: We aren’t limited by the county lines, however. We also serve offer relocation services that span hundreds of miles.
- Interstate Moving: You can trust our professionals to ease the stress of planning a move, even if it takes you across the country to a new state.
- International Relocation: Unlike other household moving companies, we extend our service offerings to include moves across the globe.
- Senior Moving Services: With our courteous and compassionate staff, we can ease the burden of downsizing and moving to a senior living facility.
- Corporate Relocation: Let us work with you and your employer to customize a move that fits everyone’s needs.
Our Household Movers are Here for You
If you’ve been searching the internet for a “trusted mover near me,” then the hunt is over. With our deep history as Berks County household movers and our comprehensive services, there is no reason to choose any other company for your residential relocation. Call O’Brien’s Moving and Storage or fill out our online form to request a free moving cost estimate.