Founded in 1692, Bensalem is nearly as old as the state of Pennsylvania which was founded in 1682. As the southernmost township in Bucks County, Bensalem borders Philadelphia and is also a host to the fall line. As of 2010 there were more than 64,000 residents, making it the ninth largest municipality in Pennsylvania and the largest overall in Bucks County.
Due to its rich history and large population, Bensalem is home to several landmarks and sites. The Parx Casino and Racetrack, originally built in 1974 as the Keystone Racetrack, hosts a one mile track for thoroughbred horse races. The track gained worldwide fame in 2004 as the original home of Smarty Jones who barely missed out on winning the Triple Crown by finishing 2nd in the Belmont Stakes. The gambling facility is 250,000 sq. ft. of banquet, gambling, and entertainment space.
The Church of the Redeemer, established during the colonial times in 1860, is a local favorite due to its beautiful architecture and stained glass windows. Also, the Growden Mansion, which dates back to 1752, is believed to be the site where Benjamin Franklin tested his kite to discover electricity. The outbuilding still has bullet holes from when the English redcoats fired shots to gain access to Franklin’s classified documents.
Residential and Commercial Bensalem Movers
If you are looking for a Bensalem moving company with a history in the area, O’Brien’s Moving and Storage has everything you need. O’Brien’s Moving and Storage was founded in 1928 and we have been proudly serving the residents of Pennsylvania and New Jersey ever since. No matter what type of moving or storage needs you have, we can make it happen. Please select the most appropriate link for you:
- Residential Moving: Relocating your family is exciting and we would be honored to be the company to perform this monumental transition in your life.
- Commercial Movers: From multi-story offices to corner stores, we do it all! No company is ever too big or too small for O’Brien’s Moving and Storage.
- Specialized Moving: Artwork, electronics, computer systems; these expensive items need special handling. We will make sure they arrive just as they left.
- Storage: O'Brien's Moving & Storage can tailor a plan to your household or commercial storage needs. Get rid of clutter with our storage facilities.
- International Moving: Moving internationally does not have to be stressful when it is performed professionally. Our staff is experienced and ready to assist you.
Full-service Movers Serving Bensalem and All of Bucks County
- Fairless Hills
- New Britain
- New Hope
- Oxford Valley
- Upper Black Eddy
- Washington Crossing
- and more!
We are willing to do whatever it takes to prove we are the best Bensalem movers in the business. Please fill out our form for a free quote or call us at (800) 729-9340!