Abington Township is a very popular area of Montgomery County. With a population of over 55,000, it is the second most-populated township in the county. It is also one of the oldest areas in Montgomery County, dating back to before 1700, and incorporated in 1704. It was home to some of the county's oldest transportation routes, businesses, and churches—some of which still exist today!
What Makes Abington Township So Popular?
The highway system is one of the reasons that Abington Township is a very popular location for residents and businesses. There are five major routes and three major roads that have served the township, in addition to several others that date far back in Abington's history. There are several other historic landmarks that are surviving today, and a few of the most significant include:
- Abington Friends School: This school was founded in 1697 for the purpose of "creating a meetinghouse for Friends and towards the maintenance of a school under the direction of Friends." The school had very humble beginnings, as the School was located in one large room in the Meeting House. Today, it sits on a 50-acre campus with numerous educational buildings, multiple athletic centers and fields, a separate library, two theatres, and many other facilities. Serving students age three through grade 12, it is the oldest primary- and secondary-education institution in the United States to operate continuously at the same location under the same management!
- Abington Presbyterian Church: Opened in the early 1700's, the church no longer exists, but the graveyard is still in use today.
- Noble Station: The first train station in Abington Township was built in 1873. Noble Station was then built on the same site in 1901 by the famous Reading Railroad to replace the original station. Noble Station is still used today by the SEPTA West Trenton Line.
- Fox Chase Farms:Possibly the most historical of all the landmarks here is Fox Chase Farms, which is a fully functional, 100-plus acre working educational farm that hosts educational and community programming. Originally 500 acres, it was sold by William Penn in 1683 to William Stanley of London, and it has been farmed continuously since William Penn's time! The story of Fox Chase Farms is incredible, as various people and organizations fought off numerous attempts over the centuries to have this beautiful land developed. Thankfully, the development attempts failed, as over 20,000 people visit Fox Chase Farms every year, and many of them come for the education offerings.
The history, beauty, and unique opportunities offered in Abington Township make this the ideal place to live, work, and visit, and O’Brien’s Moving & Storage has been a trusted choice within the community for providing high-quality moving solutions both in and out of the area. Since 1947, our Abington residential moving company has provided full-service support to area residents in need of affordable moving services, and we’re proud to do our part to contribute to the legacy of this thriving region.
Superior Service from Experienced Abington Household Movers
When planning a residential move, you need service from a skilled, local crew that understands the unique benefits and challenges of making a move within Abington Township. That’s what you’ll find with O’Brien’s Moving & Storage, and our Abington Township residential movers offer comprehensive solutions that are fully customized to the needs of your household.
Unlike other household moving companies in Abington, the O’Brien’s crew provides seamless and affordable relocation solutions to handle projects both large and small, and our residential moving services include:
- Local Moving: With help from our local Abington Township movers, you’ll discover just how easy it is to transition your family to a new home within this thriving, picturesque region of PA.
- Long-Distance Moving: Our team provides expert coordination, packing services, and flexible storage options to ensure that your long-distance relocation is a hassle-free experience.
- International Moving: Moving your family overseas is a major undertaking, and our Abington Township residential movers go the extra mile to provide superior service and support.
- Senior Moving: When planning a senior move, you deserve relocation services that are both compassionate and stress-free, which is exactly what you can expect from O’Brien’s.
- Corporate Relocation: If you need to make a move based on your employer’s requirements, we can help you plan a customized project that fits within the specifications of your company.
Learn More About Our Abington Residential Moving Services
When choosing your Abington movers, there’s only one name that stands out for providing the best in high-quality Abington residential moving companies — O’Brien’s Moving & Storage! To find out more about how our Abington Township household movers can simplify the process of taking your family to a brand-new home, all you need to do is give us a call! You can also get started right away by filling out our simple, online form to request a free, no-obligation moving estimate.